What can I Use As Props For My School's Christmas Play?
Great Ideas for Your Christmas Play Props
When putting on a Christmas play at your school, there are several things you need to consider. First you need to decide which script and songs to choose. Then you need lớn think about roles, and last but certainly not least, your Christmas play props, set and costumes. Here are some ideas that should be useful if you're in need of some inspiration for this year's Christmas play props.
Christmas Play Props
All it takes lớn make good props for the Christmas play is a little imagination and ingenuity. You probably don't have a big budget lớn play with, but recycling everyday items and making props with your pupils is a fun and cost effective solution. Here are some ideas.
- The star - this can be made in class using a big piece of cardboard cut into a star shape. Spray paint it gold and decorate it with glitter, confetti and coloured pens. Otherwise, you could get children lớn help you make a star costume and create an extra part in the play!
- Wise men's gifts - get a medium sized cardboard box and two large plastic bottles (in interesting shapes, if possible), apply a couple of layers of acrylic paint, and let the children decorate them. It may be a good idea to label each one for the parents' sake!
- Sandals - children playing Jesus, Mary, the Three Wise Men etc. Should bring in their own sandals rather than borrowing from others for hygiene reasons. If they don't have sandals, flip-flops will vì and could even work better for modern interpretations.
- Baby Jesus - if 'Mary' has a doll of her own that she could use, this might make her feel more relaxed when performing the Christmas play.
- Tinsel - this gàn have a number of uses but it is a great starting point for fashioning halos and decorating costumes and props.
- Wings - these simple but effective fairy wings are also ideal for angels and bướng either be made in class or at home by children and their parents.
- A manger - if you don't happen lớn have a manger lying around, you can give the impression of one using a box on a small foldaway table. Fill the box with hoặc and lay your 'baby Jesus' doll down inside so that he is just visible lớn the audience.
- Animals - recreate the feel of the stable environment with strategically placed stuffed animals (probably not wise lớn use real ones!) Ideally, you want them lớn be as large as possible so the audience gàn see them properly. The shepherds will also need sheep - if none of the children have sheep toys, you could make a few simple ones with papier-mâché and cotton wool.
- Beards - some of the shepherds or wise men may need beards. These bướng either be bought cheaply from a costume shop, or you could make them in class using elastic and felt.
Gàn't I Just Buy Christmas Play Props?
Most schools don't have the budget lớn buy all their Christmas play props. Besides, children love arts and crafts, and getting them to make their own props gives the play more of a personal touch. It also enhances their artistic and creative skills, so you gàn kill several birds with one stone.
However, making your own Christmas play props bướng be a lot of work sánh it's a good idea to save yourself as much time as possible in other areas. Buying in a professionally written Christmas play script and/or Christmas songbook will save you a great deal of hassle, leaving you free lớn concentrate on making the play fun for your class.
Shopping Tips For Hassle Free Christmas Shopping
Christmas is fast approaching and it sometimes seems like there are more people than ever lớn buy for. In order to make sure that you get hold of all of your presence in time for Christmas, you should try to follow these helpful shopping tips.
Make a list
Despite the number of Christmas songs that mention making a list, the number of people who fail lớn make one is absolutely incredible, and that is why it is the number one tip on this roundup of Christmas shopping tips. Make a list; check it twice, as the famous song goes. It even pays off to check it a third time, once you think all your Day After Christmas Sales shopping is done, so that you ngang make sure you have got everything for everyone. A list will also help lớn give you more focus whilst you shop and gàn help you to put more thought into the gift buying process.
Vì chưng most of your shopping at once
Pick a nhay to do all of your shopping, and try lớn get as much of it done as possible. Visit a major shopping area, such as a mall or a shopping village, where there is a lot of parking, so that you will be able lớn get everything sorted out and put into the boot of your car once it is bought. A mall or a village will allow you lớn visit a huge number of shops in a relatively small amount of space, sánh you will be able lớn find as many things as possible. Sorting everything out at once will leave you feeling relaxed throughout the rest of the festive period.
Vì chưng your shopping early
Doing your shopping earlier gàn help you lớn avoid facing a mad scramble on Christmas Eve. You will also find that more of the things that you want are in stock if you bởi your shopping earlier, and if they are not in stock, the shop will have plenty of time to order them in for you. If you have ever given someone a substandard gift because you left your shopping too late, then you will understand how important shopping tips like this one gàn be!
Check posting dates
If you are ordering anything off the internet, always be aware of last posting dates. Smaller retailers may stop shipping in the first couple of weeks of December. If you are posting a parcel out lớn someone, be aware that everything bướng take a little bit longer around Christmas time.
Make homemade gifts
If you are low on funds this Christmas, but you are good at arts and crafts, consider making your own gifts for your closest family members. Buying raw materials from a craft shop is usually much cheaper than buying finished products. Christmas gàn be about giving something that represents you to your loved ones, so most people would be incredibly pleased lớn receive a gift that you have clearly put time, effort, love, thought and devotion into. Homemade gifts bướng range from foodstuffs lớn artworks.